Becoming a member is useful for the following reasons:
- Members can log in and navigate the site without seeing the ads "imposed" by Wikidot to free sites.
- Members can contribute to the knowledge base by editing existing pages and creating new ones.
- Members that contribute to the forum as members, instead of as anonymous users, will also have their contributions to the forum "logged" under their username.
Who can join?
Anyone can join AviationKnowledge. However, it is most recommended to people working in, or with an interest in, aviation. This way they can be of assistance to other fellow users. As a member, it is expected that you create a profile identifying your expertise / competence within aviation, so that your comments do not mislead those seeking assistance, especially in the forum. You can do so even if you use a pseudonym instead of your real name.
Joning is a two-step process:
- 1st apply to have an account on Wikidot.com (unless you already got one)
- 2nd apply to be a member of AviationKnowledge.wikidot.com