Motivation stimulates human desire to execute an action for achieving the eventual outcome.
Efforts to Sustain High Level of Motivation:
1) Ensure that goals are feasible and attainable.
2) Ensure that methods of achieving specific goals are well planned.
3) Recognise commendable performance of employees.
4) Reward employees that display desired behaviours.
5) Direct assistance when employees need them.
6) Support training programmes as and when it is needed.
7) Avoid excessive workload.
Human Factors Benefits of Motivation:
1) Greater level of attention and concentration on task execution.
2) Ability to visualise the capability of accomplishing daily taks.
3) Greater level of dedication towards obliging with safety regulations and habits.
EUROCONTROL. (2010. Motivation. Retrieved 3 September 2010, form http://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Motivation.