London Heathrow Airport
|London Heathrow Airport is London's main international airport and the largest and busiest airport in the United Kingdom. The airport is also known as Heathrow Airport, and has codes LHR (as per IATA) and EGLL (as per ICAO). The airport has 5 main operational terminals, Terminals 1, 3, 4, and 5, and a cargo terminal. Heathrow is a fair airport, holding 3 stars in Skytrax's official ranking (2010a2), and showing relatively good reviews by passengers (2010b3), who have been fairly satisfied with the airport (6/10), especially in regards to queuing (6/10), and rated its cleanliness (7/10) and its facilities (7/10) as good.|
|Terminal 1 (image embedded from Wikipedia on 26 April 2010)||Terminal 3 (image embedded from Wkimedia Commons on 27 April 2010)||Terminal 4 (image embedded from Wikipedia on 26 April 2010)||Terminal 5 (image embedded from Wikipedia on 26 April 2010)|
|Services/facilities. The airport provide several services and facilities, among them post office, currency exchange, cash machines, medical and emergency services, left baggage, chapels, children entertainment areas, showers, porters, as well as opportunities for shopping and dining; and some hotels on the landside of the terminal, including a Japanese-style capsule hotel (BAA, 20101). You can also avail of pay-in lounges, although they seem to offer little more services than free refreshments, wireless internet access and a quieter environment. Service time may not 24 hr, and not all services may be available to passengers in transit or in all terminals. Free bus and train shuttles connect terminals among them, although you can also access some of them by walking. If visiting, you can travel the 22 km from the airport to London city by train, coach, bus or taxi.|
1. BAA (2010). BAA Heathrow. Services and facilities. Retrieved from Heathrow Airport website on 26 April 2010.
2. SKYTRAX (2010a). London Heathrow Airport ranking. Retrieved from Skytrax on 26 April 2010.
3. SKYTRAX (2010b). London Heathrow Airport passenger reviews. Retrieved from Skytrax on 26 April 2010.
Want to know more?
- BAA - Heathrow
- This is the official website for Heathrow Airport.
- Skytrax - London Heathrow Airport
- Here you can read in more detail both the official ranking and passenger reviews for Heathrow Airport.
- Wikipedia - London Heathrow Airport
- You can find more information about Heathrow Airport in this page in Wikipedia.
Contributors to this page
Authors / Editors
page revision: 8, last edited: 29 Apr 2010 03:08