Hong Kong International Airport
|Hong Kong International Airport is Hong Kong's main airport. The airport is also known as HKIA, and Chek Lap Kok Airport, and it has codes HKG (as per IATA) and VHHH (as per ICAO). The airport has two terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Honk Kong Airport is among the best airports in the world, holding 5 stars in Skytrax's official ranking (2010a2), and showing good reviews by passengers (2010b3), who has been very satisfied with the airport (9/10), specially with its cleanliness (10/10) and facilities (9/10), and satisfied with queuing (8/10).|
|Terminal 1 (image embedded from Wikipedia on 23 April 2010)||Terminal 1 (image embedded from Wikipedia on 23 April 2010)||Terminal 2 (image embedded from World Buildings Directory on 23 April 2010)||Terminal 2 (image embedded from World Buildings Directory on 23 April 2010)|
|Transit passengers. The airport can be classified as a living space. When in transit, you can move freely between Terminals 1 and 2 without needing to clear immigration first. You use the automated people mover to move between terminals. Amenities and services at the airport are, among others, dining and shopping areas, free internet spots, resting areas, children play areas, a medical center, a post office, prayer rooms, shower facilities, smoking lounges, and locker facilities. Pay-in lounges offer further 24 hr services, including buffet, massage and reflexology, spa and pampering services, wine bar and gymnasium, etc.|
|Visitors. If visiting Hong Kong, a number of public and private services will bring you to the city and back. Hong Kong International Airport is serviced by public buses, trains, limousines and taxis, and hotel bus shuttles, as well as by ferries and buses that connect to mainland China (Hong Kong Airport, 20101).|
1. HONG KONG AIRPORT (2010). Transport to and from airport. Retrieved from Hong Kong International Airport website on 23 April 2010.
2. SKYTRAX (2010a). Hong Kong International Airport ranking. Retrieved from Skytrax on 24 April 2010.
3. SKYTRAX (2010b). Hong Kong International Airport passenger reviews. Retrieved from Skytrax on 24 April 2010.
Want to know more?
- Hong Kong International Airport
- This is Hong Kong Airport's website, with all the relevant and updated information you may need.
- Skytrax - Hong Kong International Airport
- Here you can read in more detail both the official ranking and passenger reviews for Hong Kong Airport.
- Wikipedia - Hong Kong International Airport
- You can find extensive information about Hong Kong Airport in this page in Wikipedia.
Contributors to this page
Authors / Editors
page revision: 14, last edited: 01 May 2010 00:08